Recently, Team Win Recovery Project has announced official version of TWRP Recovery for Mi Max 3. And now has extended official support to Xiaomi Mi Max 3, developers would be heading to release new system mods specific for the phone. So now you can download TWRP Recovery for Mi Max 3 and flash it on your phone.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones. TWRP recovery, when installed on a smartphone over stock recovery, can provide more features. So, now let’s see about Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
About Xiaomi Mi Max 3
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi Mi Max 3 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.9 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels. A total of 350 pixels per inch.
- And Xiaomi Mi Max 3 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Xiaomi Mi Max 3 has a Snapdragon 636 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/6GB Ram and 64GB/128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 – 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 8MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is a non-removable 5500 mAh.
What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi Max 3?
There are quite a few benefits of installing TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Max 3. Here are some of them:
- Firstly, you can root your phone.
- And also install ZIP files and custom Roms on the phone.
- You can wipe cache and reset your smartphone.
- And take a backup of your current data and restore it whenever you want to on the Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
Furthermore, let’s now take a look at some of the disadvantages of installing TWRP recovery.
Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi Max 3
Below are some of the cons of TWRP recovery which you should keep in mind before installing on your Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
- First of all, it will void your warranty.
- And you may brick your Phone if you do not follow the steps correctly.
- Also, the user will not be able to get OTA updates anymore on the device.
- Now that you have read some of the Pros and cons of TWRP recovery on the Xiaomi Mi Max 3, let’s start with the installation procedure.
Don’t know how to Install
- Before all, make sure to take a complete backup of your personal data.
- In order to flash TWRP, you must first unlock bootloader on Mi Max 3.
- You must install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC also install USB Drivers from this.
- Download TWRP Recovery latest version from here.
- Charge your device to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any hiccups.
- Enable USB Debugging – Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging – Enable (If you have not activated Developer options, then Go to Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times > You are now a developer)
If you have done all this above mentioned then we are ready to proceed on installing TWRP Recovery.
Warning: Unlocking Bootloader and Installing TWRP recovery will void your device warranty. And we are not responsible for anything which might go wrong with your device.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Max 3
Step 1: First Install ADB and USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 2: Now copy the downloaded TWRP file to C:\adb.
Step 3: In the same folder, hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space.
Step 4: Select “Open PowerShell window here”. If its Command Prompt then click on it.
Step 5: Boot your Mi Max 3 in Fastboot Mode (power off your phone and then keep holding the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously).
Step 6: Connect your phone to PC through USB.
Step 7: Enter the following command to ensure that your device is being properly detected. It will return ID with fastboot message.
Step 8: Finally, install TWRP recovery on Mi Max 3 using the command below:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-nitrogen.img
Here, twrp-3.2.3-0-nitrogen.img is the name of the file. Make sure the name matches the file which you have downloaded.
Step 9: Once complete, you can reboot your phone into the OS.
That’s all. Now TWRP has been installed on your device. Now you can root your device or do whatever you want using TWRP Recovery.