Privacy Protection password is an excellent feature of MIUI. It allows you to secure your personal content i.e. Messages, Photos, Files, Secure in a hidden space in your phone which other’s can’t access into it. Every time, when you want to access into the personal or hidden space, you need to enter the privacy protection password to view your phone hidden content. The most interesting thing is that you can use a different (not as the same as lock screen/app lock) pattern as the Privacy Protection Password (pattern).
How to Enable Privacy Protection Password To Secure Personal Content?
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Lock screen & password
- Tap on Enable Privacy Protection password
- Tap on Use Privacy protection password
- Enter Your phone password/security key
- Set a privacy protection pattern
- Add your Mi Account to recover protection (if you will forget in future)
Now you can keep your messages, files or note hidden and can access into the hidden space by sliding down the main as shown below picture and enter the privacy protection password(pattern). To hide the content, you need to tap on specifically i.e. File Manager and then tap on the use button and hide the contents that you want to hide.
I hope this will be helpful to you to keep your personal content hidden and protected.