This guide will help on how you can install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Launched on February 2018, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has become a very popular device through out the Asian market. And because of its popularity, Xiaomi smartphones have a great thriving community of developers and testers behind them. As a result, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro now has an official build of TWRP recovery. The device has already had an unofficial build before. If you’re looking to install TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro for rooting your device, that can be done now as we have official TWRP recovery for the Redmi Note 5 Pro. So lets see how we can install twrp on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Before all, make sure to take a complete backup of your personal data.
- In order to flash TWRP, you must first unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- You must install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC also install USB Drivers from this.
- Download TWRP Recovery latest version from here.
- Charge your device to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any hiccups.
- Enable USB Debugging – Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging – Enable (If you have not activated Developer options, then Go to Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times > You are now a developer)
If you have done all this above mentioned then we are ready to proceed on installing TWRP Recovery.[su_quote]Warning: Unlocking Bootloader and Installing TWRP recovery will void your device warranty. And we are not responsible for anything which might go wrong with your device.[/su_quote]
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Step 1: First Install ADB and USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 2: Now copy the downloaded TWRP file to C:\adb.
Step 3: In the same folder, hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space.
Step 4: Select “Open PowerShell window here”. If its Command Prompt then click on it.
Step 5: Boot your Redmi Note 5 Pro in Fastboot Mode (power off your phone and then keep holding the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously).
Step 6: Connect your phone to PC through USB.
Step 7: Enter the following command to ensure that your device is being properly detected. It will return ID with fastboot message.
Step 8: Finally, install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro using the command below:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.2-0-whyred.img
Here, twrp-3.2.2-0-whyred.img is the name of the file. Make sure the name matches the file which you have downloaded.
Step 9: Once complete, you can reboot your phone into the OS.
That’s all. Now TWRP has been installed on your device. Now you can root your device or do whatever you want using TWRP Recovery.