Here’s a detailed guide on how to root Poco F1 using Magisk. Rooting your phone will enable you to customize the OS, get the most out of the battery with custom kernels, add third-party features via Magisk modules.
Xiaomi recently launched it’s Poco F1 smartphone, which has since been trending for all the right reasons. It features top of the line hardware, comparable to flagship devices like the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ and the Note 9, and is currently the most affordable smartphone powered by the Snapdragon 845 chipset. If you happen to have gotten your hands on one of these and are looking forward to unleashing its full potential by rooting it, you have come to the right place. You would be pleased to know that, thanks to XDA member Shivam Kumar Jha, an unofficial TWRP recovery is now available for the Poco F1, we have a handy guide here on how to root Xiaomi Poco F1.
Rooting the Poco F1 is a 3 step process, as is the case with almost every modern-day Xiaomi device. It basically involves –
(3) Flashing Magisk via TWRP.
Do not try anything given on this page if you do not know completely what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
- Magisk root file: Magisk 17.1 Stable ZIP
If you have already installed the TWRP Recovery then proceed further or click here to install TWRP Recovery
How to Root Poco F1
- On TWRP screen, tap on the ‘Keep Read Only’ button to not allow system modifications.
- Tap on ‘Install’ and select the ‘Disable-Force-Encryption-Treble.zip‘ file. Then swipe to confirm the installation.
- Go back to the TWRP home screen, then tap on ‘Reboot’, and then on ‘Recovery’.
- When your Poco F1 boots back into TWRP, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Format Data’. Type ‘yes‘ in the field to confirm wiping of data and hit Enter. This will completely erase all the data on the device.
- Now once encryption is disabled on the phone, you can go ahead and install Magisk to root.
- Go back to the TWRP main screen and tap on ‘Install’ again and select the ‘Magisk-v17.1.zip‘ file.
- Finally, swipe to confirm the installation and root Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Once the installation is complete, tap the ‘Reboot System’ button and let the device reboot
- After it has rebooted, set it up like a new device. You should now see Magisk Manager among your apps.
If you want to verify if your device has been successfully rooted, download and run the Root Checker app from the Play Store.
Now that your phone is rooted, you can start using root-enabled apps or install Magisk modules to add extra features to the software. On the other hand, you can use TWRP recovery to flash custom ROMs/kernels.
Hope you find our guide on how to root Xiaomi Poco F1 and install TWRP recovery on it. If you have any questions or if you get stuck at any step, feel free to drop a comment below, and we will try our best to help you out.