Dear MIUIers, How are you? Hope all are quite excited to update MIUI 10 ROM, but many might there who’re facing issue with unlocking bootloader & flash MIUI 10 ROM. So guys no need to worry about that, today I will you guide you on How you can Unlock Bootloader and Install MIUI 10 ROM.
Download MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM’s from here.
I’ll split this thread into two parts: 1. About Unlocking Bootloader 2. To Install MIUI 10 ROM
1. Now the process become easier, Now You do not have to apply for Unlocking bootloader, Just visit http://en.miui.com/unlock for downloading Mi Unlock tool.
“Note:- After you unlock the device, it will become less secure. Your personal data might be leaked or lost. So we do not advise and encourage you to Unlock your device. So Please proceed at your own risk, and you are hold responsible for your own device.”
2. Download Mi Unlock tool to your PC & Extract it.
3. Go to Setting > My Device > All Specs> Tap On MIUI Version 7 times > Additional Setting > Developer Option > Enable USB Debugging > Enable OEM Unlocking
4. Now from Developer option > Mi Unlock status > Add account and device. Try to bind your account. Incase you see error like 86012 etc then better to wait for a week then try (Note- Trying again and again might block your account temporarily)
If you see error like connect to the network & try again
Then Logout the Mi Account from device & directly sign in from Add account and device page
then you’ll see Added successfully. Mi account is associated with the device now.
5. After that Reboot Your device into fastboot method, For that simply turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume down ( – ) button at the same time. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
Now launch Mi Unlock Tool via run as administrator then click AGREE and Login again with Mi Account ID (the same a/c on your phone)
6. In case you get error like “current account is not bound” then go to Developer option > Mi Unlock status > Add account and device. Try to bind your account. From now on, you’ll get Couldn’t unlock try after XX hrs, then you’ve to wait that period of time.
7. After XX period of time try to unlock, hope you’ll get success :p
Now the Device is UNLOCKED
Let’s move to next topic
How to Flash/Install MIUI 10?
You can Flash/Install MIUI 10 using two methods. That is via Recovery Method(Updater App) or via Fastboot Method.
Recovery Method via Updater App
About Updating MIUI 10 ROM via updater app, you can shift from Global stable to Global Beta or China Stable to China Beta but Beta to stable might not work.
Just download the zip file & move it to internal storage ( downloaded_rom) then open updater app~ Click on 3 dot top right corner- choose update package ~select the zip file from internal storage.
Note: You can take a backup of zip file before updating in case you face issue while updating ROM
After selecting the file – Click OK- Reboot
After updating to MIUI 10 ROM, One reset is recommended if you shifted from Stable to Beta ROM
In case you’re facing any error while updating via updater app then please do a clean flash Via Fastboot method.
Warning! This method will work only for unlocked devices.
If your device not unlocked then read above guide: About unlocking Bootloader.
1. Download Fastboot ROM for your Device here.
– Makes sure you’re downloading Proper ROM for your device, else device might get BRICK.
so, before downloading check & confirm with your device code name.
2. Download & Install Mi Flash Tool on Your PC
– Before installing disable Windows Firewall & make sure that you disabled Driver Signature Enforcement for that Reboot your PC in Advanced Mode and Choose Disable Driver Signature by choosing F7. for guide click here
3. Go to Setting > My Device > All Specs> Tap On MIUI Version 7 times > Additional Setting > Developer Option > Enable USB Debugging
Make sure to backup your data before updating. If you want to shift from Developer ROM to Stable or Global ROM to China ROM, flashing ROM would require wiping all data, otherwise it might cause serious damage to your device.
4. Now Reboot Your device into fastboot method, For that simply turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume down ( – ) button at the same time. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
5. Now open download folder, then extract the downloaded ROM via Winrar / WinZip/other zip/ rar Extract Software & then copy the file to C:// drive then Copy the complete path of the file.
Now launch Mi Flash Tool via run as administrator.
Now press the Refresh button, You can see that your device is detected.
6. Now paste the copied path address in the Miflash tool address bar & make sure you’ve choosen CLEAN ALL then hit on FLASH
Do not disconnect your device & PC while flashing running
Then you can see device started flashing & it’ll take few minutes to complete, Wait for status (Flash done) & Result (Success).
Then Device will Boot up automatically.