Hi, Mi fans! Xiaomi has once again retained the market leadership in India by occupying the number one smartphone vendor position in Q2 2018, as per IDC’s latest Quarterly Smartphone Tracker, Q2 2018. With a market share of 29.7%, one out of three smartphones sold in India were from Xiaomi in Q2 2018. Also, in this quarter, Xiaomi is the first amongst other smartphone brands to ship nearly 10 million units in a single quarter.
Key highlights of the IDC’s latest Quarterly Smartphone Tracker, Q2 2018:
- Xiaomi has retained number one position in India with 29.7% market share
- Xiaomi has 24% higher shipments than the second largest vendor in the country
- Xiaomi has been the number one smartphone vendor for four consecutive quarters since Q3 2017
- Xiaomi continued to be the number one smartphone vendor in the online smartphone market with 55.6% market share, for the 7th consecutive quarter
- Xiaomi grew by 107.6% from Q2 2017 to Q2 2018, making it the fastest growing smartphone brand in the Top 5
- Xiaomi had more than 56% market share in the online smartphone segment, and 33% of its overall shipments came from offline channels in 2Q18.
- Four out of the top five smartphones in Q2 2018 was Xiaomi smartphones — Redmi 5A, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 5, accounting for 26% of overall smartphone shipments in the country in Q2 2018
- Redmi 5A continued ranking as the number one selling smartphone after seven months, with more than three million units shipped in the quarter.